Faculties and Programs
FACULTIES AND PROGRAMS
The Panha Chiet University has established itself as a credible and astute education provider with sound governance in both financial standing, a brand name to uphold, and globally competitive curricula. It has dedicated teams of lecturers who are subject matter experts in both industry practices and didactic approaches to meet your effective learning needs. It has conducive learning environment and excellent facilities that meet the standard set by the governing authorities.
At the PCU we adopt a Holistic Educational Philosophy of student and employability-driven learning. We enhanced our students' employability readiness to become confident, competent, committed and creative professionals with our guiding philosophy:
• Industry relevant curriculum – the academic and curriculum department has a regular curriculum review, planning and development to match the business and industry specific requirements.
• Academic achievement with hands-on application – we streamlined our curricula with that of our international partners in preparation for students practical application about key concepts and theories learned in classroom settings.
• Personal enrichment and career development – to prepare our students with the competitive labor market, we offer supplemental sessions for career development such as personality development sessions, seminars in time management, productivity, presentation, communication techniques, team building, and career pathing.
• Innovative, contingency, situational classroom approaches to situational highly effective decision-making techniques, approaches and solutions along with concepts and theories learned to successfully pilot real world issues confronting industry.
MASTER'S DEGREE PROGRAM
• MASTER IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
• MBA Management - develop a broad understanding of financial aspect, activities and decisions. It provides fundamental tools of financial analysis and management including security analysis, capital budgeting daily cash management, credit analysis, etc.
• MBA Marketing Management (MBA-MM) - the course focused is on product markets, developing pricing strategies, advertising and promotion, creating public relations, designing appropriate channels and achieving the needs in global market place.
• MBA (Accounting) – to prepare graduates to work in the different accounting firms, banks, government and private sectors and different industry.
• MBA Economics – students are given the full understanding of the knowledge of how the economies work and to apply their knowledge and skills to a wide range of complex problems encountered by government, business industries and even household.
• MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management – Students will gain a better understanding of the hospitality and tourism businesses, identify the profile and travel pattern and motivation of travelers, their needs and requirements, and how resources are managed. It will also give them concepts and practical life approaches to meet the dynamic needs of leadership, managerial and entrepreneurial functions of hotel and restaurant operations, culinary arts, food service, hospitality education and research that are essential in preparing the student to become adept future restaurateurs and hoteliers.
• MBA Human Resource Management – specifically designed to provide the students with the sound theoretical and practical knowledge of all the key business-related areas in human resource management. This program equips students with the skills to apply scientifically-based techniques to work-related problems. Students learn to apply skills in human resource management, people soft skills, employee-employer relationships, international management and human behavior.
• MBA Public Services Management – this course will primarily attract managers working with public services (both government and private companies) who wish to update their qualifications. The course will examine the implementation of the new public management agenda and will look at issues such as quality and customer care, managing networks and partnerships, together with other key management disciplines. The course will engaged students sin a conceptual thinking, analysis and research, and will take you beyond the many emphasis of MBA/MPA programs and encourage you to develop and implement creative ideas and solutions to organizational issues.
• MBA PROJECT MANAGEMENT –appropriate for a wide variety of public and private sector professionals. It is designed for actual or future Project Managers, Consultants, management Controllers and Planners. The need for project management expertise here in Cambodia and in international market is very evident. The economics of larger projects, and the changes that accompany them are important and the optimization of project realization and change management processes is important.
• MASTER OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
• MASTER OF ARTS IN ENGLISH
• MASTER OF BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEM
BACHELOR'S DEGREE PROGRAMS
BUSINESS, MANAGEMENT AND ACCOUNTING
• BA MANAGEMENT & CONSUMER STUDIES - offers potential flexibility independence and enterprise.
• BA MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING – the degree combines two distinct but complementing subjects of Management and Marketing. Designed to provide the theoretical and practical perspective of marketing and a full range of management skills that is useful to succeed in today's business environment.
• BA MANAGEMENT & ENTREPRENEURSHIP – a joint degree program that enable students the flexibility to focus effectively on management of retail/business sector, or in creating a business of their own that will take them to many career paths of managing people, suppliers, marketing, consumer behavior and many other opportunities.
• BA ACCOUNTING – provide graduates with the opportunities for local and global employment with skills at a technical level that would bring them to positions in the finance sectors of business.
• BA BANKING AND FINANCE – the course is designed to be highly relevant to current practices in Asian context, combining a core of business, finance and banking concepts, theories and practice.
• BA ECONOMICS – provide students with the understanding of the key concepts, skills and practices to apply to a wide range of complex problems encountered by governments, businesses and household in a practicing environment.
• BA TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT – Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM) is a multidisciplinary field of study with the purpose of preparing people with the expertise, commitment, and skills for management, marketing, and operations positions in the expanding industry that provides food, accommodations, and tourism services to people away from home. As a field of study, Hospitality and Tourism Management is interdisciplinary. It draws upon a wide range of basic disciplines to provide the fundamental knowledge and skills that are required to fulfill the diverse demands placed upon individuals in management positions within the hospitality industry.
• BSc BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEM – offers opportunities to develop students' interests in information technologies as well as specific business areas such as the Internet. With this program, students will complement an understanding of information systems with core business subjects such as Marketing, Human resource management, Accountancy and Economics.
• BSc EDUCATION - is designed to provide students with more advanced teaching/learning skills and knowledge in Teaching Education, and also with the knowledge and skills to take on greater responsibilities for the supervision and management schools. It also gives them the opportunity to undertake a significant piece of research in the field, and enhances their opportunity to go on to postgraduate work in this area.
SHORT TERM COURSES
• CERTIFICATE IN COMPUTING – an internationally recognized certification that can give graduates entry to technical and managerial careers in computing. Upon completion of this course one can work as Information systems analyst, IT specialist, IT consultant, end-user support officer, IT project officer, web application developer.
• CERTIFICATE IN HOTEL SERVICES – provide an educational foundation for a range of junior careers in hospitality, and customer service and develop basic skills in communication, team working and problem solving. Upon completion of the course, there will be possible job placement in hotel industry in Cambodia and other English speaking countries where English language is necessary.
• CERTIFICATE IN EVENTS MANAGEMENT – designed to provide students with an introduction to the concepts of event planning and management. Students are exposed to the key areas required for staging an event, covering the whole process from creation to evaluation. It looks at the concepts involved with event planning such as design, research, planning, organizing, logistics management, marketing and promotion, event evaluation and reporting.
• CERTIFICATE IN TRAVEL AND TOURISM – students will gain a better understanding of tourism business and identify the profile and travel pattern and motivation of travelers, their needs and requirements, and how resources are managed to meet their needs.
• CERTIFICATE IN SERVICE QUALITY AND BUSINESS COMMUNICATION – students will learn the principles and practices of delivering consistent quality service. Students will acquire knowledge and skills needed for customer relationships management and business communication. The course further equips students with the necessary skills to communicate with customers and the rules of etiquette in social exchanges.
• CERTIFICATE IN FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING – students will learn how to create financial statements, examine how costs are classified, how budgets are created and the various reports generated. Utilizing key accounting concepts, the students will analyze how financial information is used to evaluate organizational performance and to make effective management decisions.
• CERTIFICATE IN FASHION DESIGN – designed to produced graduates that are creative, innovative and directional with a strong awareness of commerciality and technologies through work integrating design practice, technology and theory. Teaching is delivered through a combination of lectures, groups and individual project work, workshops, tutorial, computing skills, design assignments, presentations and team building course.